Enjoy Sunday’s game even more now that you know these facts:
1) A 30-second commercial costs more than $4.5 million — up just a bit from the first Super Bowl in 1967, when the cost was about $40,000;
2) None of the previous 48 Super Bowls have ever gone into overtime;
3) Patriots QB Tom Brady was the 199th pick of the 2000 Draft — he’s won 3 of 5 Super Bowls he’s played in, and is the oldest player in this year’s game;
4) Winning players will earn $97,000, while the “losers” will get $49,000;
5) More than 4,400 TONS of guacamole are expected to be consumed across the U.S. on Sunday, along with 13,500 tons of chips.
(Published January 30, 2015)