It is estimated that 21% of Adult Americans, or 34 million people, experience mild to moderate chronic pain to the degree that they seek relief from a physician.
The American Medical Association estimates that 10% of Americans are dealing with chronic pain. The National Institute of Health claims that 40 million Americans are unable to find relief for their pain, which is chronic.
Physical medicine and rehabilitation involves the management of disorders that alter the function and performance of a patient. The goal is to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities due to trauma, illness, congenital defects and disease.
Our talented physicians and staff include those trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, interventional pain management and sports medicine. We provide a full range of on-site diagnostic testing tools, as well as counselors and support staff with unique insight in this field. Our goal is to partner with our patients when they are managing a difficult time and help them return to an active and productive lifestyle.
Pain Management Program
Using a wide range of treatments, we provide the best possible pain management to improve your physical, psychological and social functioning.
What is an interdisciplinary pain management team?
It is a panel consisting of many health care providers working directly with you to address your pain with a variety of measurements, interventions and strategies for self management designed to offer a complete program. The treatment is not focused solely on the pain, but takes a holistic approach — meaning who you are and how you feel is as much a part of shaping your treatment as your physical state.
What are the goals of the program?
- Find effective pain relief
- Increase your physical abilities
- Resume work or leisure interests
- Reduce your dependence on health care
- Lessen the need for pain medication
- Better manage your pain on a daily basis
- Improve your quality of life
What condition and illnesses can be treated?
- Arthritic and joint pain
- Back pain
- Cancer pain
- Complex Regional
- Pain Syndrome (RSD)
- Facial pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Myofacial pain
- Neck and arm pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Pain that follows a surgery
- Pelvic and abdominal pain
- Phantom pain
What treatment options are available?
- Epidural steroid injections: cervical, lumbar, thoracic
- Facet joint blocks: cervical, lumbar, thoracic
- Femoracetabular hip injections
- Fluoro-guided injections
- Intercostal nerve blocks
- Intradiscal steroid injection
- Lumbar Discography
- Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound guided injections for upper and lower extremities
- Radio-frequency Ablation/Medial Branch Blocks of nerves
- Sacrococcygeal joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections/blocks
- Trigger Point Injections
MEDICAL STAFF — pain management & rehabilitation
VOTED: Best Family Healthcare Practice