Middletown Medical is proud to offer two great options for Telemedicine appointments. Call your provider to see which option they prefer to use.
Connecting with your provider via your device has never been easier with our own MM Telemedicine solution.
Three simple steps
1) Call your provider to see if your upcoming appointment qualifies for a Telemedicine visit.
2) Make sure your current cell phone number is up to date with our records.
3) At the time of your appointment, your provider will text you a link to join the Telemedicine visit.
At this time, based on current changes in regulations, we can offer the WhatsApp program as a fast and convenient way to provide Telemedicine visits.
Three simple steps
1) Call your provider first to see if he or she offers WhatsApp as an option.
2) Download WhatsApp on your phone
3) At the time of your appointment, your provider will call you.
Ways telemedicine can be used
- Wellness visits with your PCP
- Medication management/prescription renewal
- Minor urgent care (i.e. pink eye, fevers, rashes)
- Birth control counseling
- Chronic condition management
- Behavioral health
- Post-hospital discharge
- Post-surgical follow-up
We put together a dedicated page on our website with helpful information from agencies like the CDC as well as a video from our very own Infectious Disease specialist Dr. Keller Marina.
As the situation regarding Coronavirus continues to evolve, our page dedicated to Coronavirus will evolve with it keeping our community safe and informed.
- Waivers of originating and geographic site restrictions on Medicare telehealth services, permitting the delivery of these services in all areas of the country and all locations, including patients’ homes.
- The ability of providers to use expanded telehealth authority for new and established patients for diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19, as well as for conditions unrelated to the pandemic.
- Permission for providers to use everyday communications technologies, such as FaceTime or Skype, during the COVID-19 public health emergency, without running afoul of HIPAA penalties