All Middletown Medical providers now use Telemedicine. Urgent Care visits can be done through Telemedicine. Just call 845-342-4774.
Connecting with your provider via your device has never been easier with our own MM Telemedicine solution.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TELEMEDICINE VISIT
1) Call your MMPC provider to request a Telemedicine appointment.
2) At the time of your appointment, your provider will text you a link to join the Telemedicine visit. It’s that easy.
Some providers may choose to do your Telemedicine visit via WhatsApp. Below is a link for you to easily download WhatsApp to our phone.
Same-day telemedicine appointments available for the following specialities
- Primary / Family Medicine
- Allergy & Immunology
- Diabetes In Children & Teens
- Infectious Diseases
- Interventional Gastroenterology
- Pain Management & Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Hematology & Oncology
Ways telemedicine can be used
- Wellness visits with your PCP
- Medication management/prescription renewal
- Minor urgent care (i.e. pink eye, fevers, rashes)
- Birth control counseling
- Chronic condition management
- Post-hospital discharge
- Post-surgical follow-up
Call (845) 342-4774 and press 2 to set up a Telemedicine visit.
New HIPAA Guidance authorizes the above use of Telemedicine. Some of the changes are explained below:
- Waivers of originating and geographic site restrictions on Medicare telehealth services, permitting the delivery of these services in all areas of the country and all locations, including patients’ homes.
- The ability of providers to use expanded telehealth authority for new and established patients for diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19, as well as for conditions unrelated to the pandemic.
- Permission for providers to use everyday communications technologies, such as FaceTime or Skype, during the COVID-19 public health emergency, without running afoul of HIPAA penalties