Covid-19 Decision Tree
PROTECT YOURSELF – PREVENT THE SPREAD
If you test positive
- Self-Quarantine for 10 days after the symptom onset or after you test positive.
- Notify all close contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19
- Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of it properly.
- Avoid sharing personal household items with other people in the house.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces every day.
- Do not meal prep for others or take care of others.
- Drink plenty of fluids and get some extra rest.
If you test NEGATIVE
but experiencing symptoms
- Self-Quarantine for 10 days after the symptom
- Contact us if symptoms worsen or persist
If you are exposed
- Quarantine for 14 days following the last exposure.
- Closely monitor for any symptoms
- Contact us if you develop any symptoms
You are released from quarantine if you have met the following criteria:
- At least 10 days have passed after symptom onset
- Absence of fever for at least 72 hours without antipyretics (if ever febrile)
- Overall illness has improved
Contact us if you need clearance to return to work
HAVE YOU TRAVELED RECENTLY?
If you have traveled to NYS from another state (except Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Vermont) or a country or territory with a CDC level 2 or 3 health alert, you will be required to quarantine if you were in the other state, country, or territory for at least 24 hours, you must quarantine for the full 14 days unless you:
- Obtain a diagnostic testing within 72 hours prior to arrival in New York, and
- Upon arrival in New York, quarantine for a minimum of three days, measured from the time of arrival, and
- COVID-19 test on day 4, end quarantine if tests negative
Travelers who leave NYS for less than 24 hours do not need to obtain a diagnostic test before departing and do not need to quarantine upon return.
CONTACT US IF YOU NEED TO GET TESTED