Our own Dr. Narender Goel (Internal Medicine, Nephrology) recommends never sharing these items with loved ones for obvious health reasons:
1) RAZORS, NAIL TRIMMERS & CUTTERS (cuts can produce blood, and other infections can be spread even if no cut is present);
2) TOOTHBRUSH (also increases the risk of infections);
3) TOWELS (staph can live in towels for up to a few months);
4) SOAP BARS (holds bacteria — use liquid soap instead!);
5) DEODORANT (bacteria and diseases can be transferred).
(Published January 28, 2015)