Houseplants not only brighten up your home, they can also provide numerous health benefits, such as:
1) Reducing (common) cold-related illnesses by more than 30% by increasing humidity levels and decreasing dust;
2) Reducing drowsiness by removing carbon dioxide from the air during photosynthesis;
3) Reducing headaches by creating oxygen;
4) Reducing dry skin, as plants are a natural humidifier and can soften the air and increase the moisture level, and;
5) Reducing insomnia, thanks again to increased oxygen.
(Published April 11, 2014)