- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion; saute until soft and the onion is transparent.
- Wash the kale, leaving small droplets of water. Saute, stirring, until wilted and a lovely emerald green, about 15 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, reserving 1 cup, 2 cups of the beans, reserving 1 cup, all of the carrots, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the reserved beans and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the soup to thicken it nicely.
- Simmer 15 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan.
- Serve with a nice loaf of crusty bread to soak up all the yummy broth!
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Yield: Serving Size: 1 (518 g) Servings Per Recipe: 8
Nutritional Information (Amount Per Serving):
Calories 214.6, Fat 3.8 g, Saturated Fat 0.6 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 786.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g, Dietary Fiber 11.0 g, Sugars 10.6 g, Protein 11.5 g